- Aged 16 or under, or aged 16-18 in full time education
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Aged 40 or over and you are the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with glaucoma, or you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma
- eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher.
You are also entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- Receive Income Support or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- Are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help
At I Wear Opticians, we check your eyes thoroughly both externally and internally for eye problems as well as other conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol and any disease in the eye, a majority of which can be treated if caught early.
Our qualified optometrists are happy to test private, corporate scheme and NHS patients. Once the examination is completed, we will fully explain our diagnosis to you and be happy to answer any questions or discuss it in more detail. We will give you a copy of your prescription and, if you need corrective lenses, we will give you the advice and assistance you need to pick spectacles and/or contact lenses, which are both functional and stylish.